- Deadline for all applications is April 20, 2017. The selected participants will be notified by e-mail until June 7, 2017.
- The film must have been produced in the last five years (2013-2017). The running time should not exceed 60 minutes for short documentaries and any duration beyond 60 minutes will be accepted as long.
- For the pre-selection stage would be enough to receive documentaries via youtube or vimeo, with downloading passwords and English subtitles.
- Participants, whose films will be selected must submit by post to BeyondtheBorders, 25 Miltiadou str, 15351Athens, Greece, tel: +30 210 66 69 140 and +30 210 66 69 131 the following:
- For the Greek-speaking films must be with English subtitles (hardcoded).
- For the non Greek-speaking films must send a clear copy of the film with a separate .srt archive with the English subtitles.
- A trailer with English subtitles for promotion
- A declaration form signed by the producer or director
- The final copy that would be screened should have the following format:
- File: mp4
- Codec: H.264
- Resolution: 1920×1080
- Aspect ratio: 16:9
- Scan type: Progressive
- Bitrate: 10000 – 12000 Kbps
- Frame rate: 25fps
- Audio: AAC, 256-320 Kbps, 48000 Hz
- The file must be stored as data in an optical disk (DVD-ROM or BD-R) or Flash memory or USB stick or Hard Disk Drive (that will be returned after the festival if requested).
- Entrants, whose films will be selected, may submit electronically photos, posters, press releases etc, for promotional activities. (optional)
- All materials should reach the Festival offices by 30 June, 2016.
- There is no entry fee.
- The evaluation will be made by a jury of well-known film directors. Awards:
- Best History Documentary
- Up to 60 minutes, 800 euros
- 60+ minutes, 900 euros
- Best Socio-political Documentary
- Up to 60 minutes, 600 euros
- 60+ minutes, 700 euros
- The awards are a kind contribution of the Hellenic Parliament.
- Awarded and nominated films will offer the Festival the rights for 3 more screenings after the end of the Festival.
- The Finalists will be invited to Castellorizo with travel and accommodation costs covered.
- The Festival has the right to reject any application if it is not fully completed or the materials do not reach the Festival offices in time.
- The Festival decides and is responsible for the screening schedule of the film (day and hour) and may organize screenings of the film in any theatre during the Festival.
- The Festival has the right to reject any material which does not meet the character and objectives of its program.
- The Festival may use limited excerpts of the film or the trailer for promotional purposes.
- Participants agree to give interviews to the communication sponsors and to be photographed if asked.
- Parts of the Festival will be filmed for the “Beyond the Borders” Festival archive and for its promotion to the public. Members of the audience and participants that may appear in these parts cannot claim anything from the organizing company.
- During the “Beyond the Borders” Festival parallel events will take place.
- “Beyond the Borders” Festival organizing team reserves the right to cancel the Festival, should be necessary.
- Participation in “Beyond the Borders” International Documentary Festival implies acceptance of the above regulations.
Beyond the Borders Organizing Committee
The information presented on this page refers to the 2nd International Documentary Festival in Castellorizo "Beyond the Borders"
. For the 1st
International Documentary Festival please visit this section